Now that Mother’s Day is over, it’s time to start thinking about Father’s Day. I often find myself banging my head against the wall when it comes to shopping for my husband. I can’t get him golf stuff because he’s very particular about what he wants/needs. I can’t get him clothes because he already has too many. I can’t get him tickets to a Red Sox game because Fenway is 5 hours away. Beer of the month club is out of the question; he’s only likes Heineken Light.
Lucky for me, I came across this cool site called datevitation.com that lets you create a custom coupon book for your loved one. And today I’m giving one away for free.
Here’s the dealio… this platform lets you choose from, then customize, five or more coupons from a bank of 350 “date ideas.” You create it online and they print it and ship it to you.
And so I did. And they did!
The cost of the book starts at $20. But for May and June when you use the code MOMSTEPH, you’ll get $10 off. What you’ll get is a one-of-a-kind book with the cover of your choice, a personal message page and five or more coupon pages customized to your liking. So a book of five coupons will only cost you a ten spot. Plus, one lucky winner will get a five-pager for free.
Here are the “date” ideas the boys and I came up with for my husband:
- A round of golf with the boys: He’s always trying to get them out on the course with him. And up until now, they’ve always turned him down. Now all he has to do is turn in the coupon and they are required to hit the links with dad.
- A poop-free yard: How great? At any given time, he can toss this little piece of paper at the boys and out they go, popper scooper in hand.
- A bear hug from each kid, any time, any place. They aren’t as free flowing with the hugs when it comes to dad as they are with me. (I think it has something to do with his stubble). So now, no excuses.
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies: My husband is always hounding me to make him his favorite chocolate chip cookies (his mom’s recipe, of course). I usually find some excuse for why I can’t make them, like “I’m out of vanilla extract” or “it’s too humid to bake” or “the oven is acting up.” Now, I’ll have no choice but to oblige.
- An entire baseball game on TV that we will watch together as a family: Both of my boys play baseball. Yet neither of my boys will sit with my husband to watch a game on TV—and it drives him crazy. He just wants to be able to sit and watch a game with his sons. It’s been his dream since we found out our first born was to be a boy. So, now here we go. Pop some corm, throw on the Sox and settle in for some Green Monster action.
It was fun to make and the finished product is really nice.
Now for the freebee… click the link below before May 23rd to enter.
Or get $10 off using promo code MOMSTEPH. Be sure to order by June 6th to get it in time for Father’s Day.
Click here to order your own.