Na, who needs a trophy when they have that cute little banner below?
What am I talking about? I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Marian at Just Keep Swimming. Marian writes an awesome, funny, witty blog about raising her three children. A huge Nemo fan myself, I was hooked from the second I laid eyes upon her blog’s name. So clever. I wish I had thought of it myself!
So about the award. How cool is she for nominating me? I’ve only been blogging for a few months and I am still feeling my way around the world of blogging. Every time somebody comments on one of my posts or likes me on Facebook, I get a slight surge of excitement. But to have one of those people acknowledge my little old blog, now THAT makes a girl feel good.
So, what is the Liebster Award anyway? It is an award that’s given to fairly new blogs with 200 or fewer followers. This is a way of giving recognition to bloggers for a job well done. It brings undiscovered blogs to the light and helps them gain exposure to attract more followers. If you receive a Liebster the person giving it to you is basically saying, “Hey, YOU ROCK!”
Being nominated for a Liebster comes with a few guidelines…
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. You must link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs you think deserve some recognition. Remember they have to have 200 followers or less when presented with a Liebster!
5. Make sure you let the bloggers you nominated know they have a Liebster! Leave a comment on their blog, DM on twitter, Facebook post–however you normally get in contact with them!
Easy rules, right?
These are blogs that I love and read regularly. Since I don’t know exactly how many followers they have, I sort of took a guess based on the newness of their blogs and/or their Facebook likes.
Here are the blogs I love:
- Kissing the Frog - This amazing blogger is the mother of boys with one angel in heaven. Her life experiences bring amazing insights and perspective to her blog. She entertains me with her stories about life with her family. I only wish she lived closer to me so we could hang out compare notes about the crazy antics of our wild boys.
- Random Reflectionz – This freelance legal writer/SAHM writes about her general musings on life, love, and humanity. She writes beautifully and intelligently. I love to see her blog posts pop up in my email.
- Mom of the Year – I recently discovered this fun mom blogger who writes about the not-so-serious side of parenting. I find her posts easy to read, light-hearted and very relatable.
- North West Mommy – Photographer, mother and wife, Stasha writes a fun blog about various aspects of family life in the Pacific Northwest. Her posts have such a pleasant, friendly tone about them, and I find myself relating to so much of what she says! I enjoy tuning into her Monday Listicles each week where she challenges fellow bloggers to respond to a fun top-10-list prompt.
- This Will Be On The (Parenting) Test – This blog is my newest discovery. Eltee is the mother of two teenage boys and writes about her everyday thoughts and challenges of motherhood. The mom of two boys myself, I find myself looking to her blog for advice for my future self. Her writing is beautiful, inspiring and honest.
If you are new to The Healthy Mom, welcome! I write on all sorts of topics related to my journey towards raising a healthy family. Sometimes, I’m funny, sometimes I’m deep and sometimes I just feel like espousing nutritional advice. It’s pretty much whatever strikes my fancy that day! Have a look around.