My last post was a bit on the
lunatic-mom heated side. (Some might say it was a downright emotional rant, but why label these things?) So I figured I’d lighten things up today (for my own sake) with a list of ten things that made my day just a little bit better:
- Trader Joes. I went today and stocked up on all my favorite TJ staples: flowers for myself (A girl’s got to buy herself flowers often!), several bottles of wine, Soy Edamame Nuggets (I LOVE these things), Belgium waffles, the awesomest (that’s a word, right?) lavender dryer bags ever, and more!
- Chocolate covered pretzel thins: Speaking of “and more,” I just discovered these babies there today. We all know I’m obsessed with chocolate. These gems aren’t too unhealthy or fattening. They’re made with dark chocolate, but since they’re covering a pretzel thin, there’s not too much chocolate involved. That is, unless I eat the whole bag in one sitting. (That’s right. You heard me. One sitting.) Oops. But seriously, YUM!
- Air conditioning: It’s like 98 degrees outside. If I didn’t have AC, I’d shoot myself, and possibly others.
- Neighborhood friends for my kids: Some days this is a blessing, some days a curse. Today it’s a blessing. My kids were just starting to really piss me off with their usual “I’m bored” crap. Then in the nick of time (just as I was flexing my vocal cords for a really big yell) their friend who lives next door got home from the beach. All is right in the world–for all of us!
- No baseball game today: I can hardly believe it myself. One day where my thighs aren’t glued together as I suffer through a 3 hour, hot-as-hell baseball game is a good day in my book!
- Payday, baby: I just got a nice check for some freelance work I did last month. If only I could unhandcuff myself from my kids, I’d go spend some of it (most likely at Target)
- My cool Pirates of the Caribbean tee shirt: I just happened to grab this shirt out of my closet this morning, and ever since, I’ve been singing, “Yo ho yo ho the pirates life for me.” To some this may be annoying. To me, it’s lovely. POTC (yes, that’s what the cool kids call the Pirates of the Caribbean) is my favorite ride in all the realm (the realm being Disney World, of course).
- My Real Simple came: The mailman was obviously feeling generous today. I can’t wait to read about “The Best New Jeans and Flats” and “How to Snack Smarter and Get Slim Now!” I’m feeling not-so-skinny today (it may have something to do with the overindulgence of chocolate covered pretzel thins), so these two articles may be just what this girl needs.
- Wine. Of course wine makes the list. Wine will always make my list. It’s not a good day if wine isn’t involved. So here I sit, writing my list, enjoying my wine, feeling thankful for every sip!
- Thor. Yes, that’s right. Thor is coming to dinner tonight. Oh wait, I don’t think that’s true. I sometimes get reality and fantasy mixed up in my head. But I did just notice that Netflix has Thor on streaming video now! So, I’m gonna have me some Asgard Demigod tonight, one way or another.
Like what you see? Show me some love and click below. That’s all you have to do. Just click. Thanks!