BlogHer 12 is over (sniff, sniff). It was so much fun. I met some amazing women, attended some really great sessions and got a whole bunch of cool stuff for free. And oh yeah, I ate like horse.
But I walk away from this weekend with many valuable (and some not so valuable) learnings:
- Being in a hotel without kids is pure bliss.
- My boys can actually be happy without me around (what? really?).
- Conference food is less than desirable. Conference coffee is lukewarm. Conference water is, well, pretty much non existent. (Come on folks, women like to drink water! Stop handing out soda give these thirsty girls some H2O!)
- Katie Couric has amazing legs. A-MA-ZING!
- Naps Happen needs to buy a new cell phone – PRONTO!
- If you get hit in the arm with a champagne cork, you will more than likely be rewarded with a nice glass of bubbly.
- Unicorns are still popular.
- Being packed like sardines in an elevator for 26 floors is even less enjoyable than it sounds.
- I have pretty cool friends all over the country.
- Women who blog are all sorts of awesome!
Though it’s nice to be home, I miss my new (yet not so new) friends already. See you online, ladies!
Now, back to reality. (I think there’s a pile of laundry somewhere awaiting my attention.)
Please vote for my blog by clicking on the banner below! And if you feel so inclined, please rate my blog while you’re there. Thanks!
If you are new to The Healthy Mom, welcome! I write on all sorts of topics related to my journey towards raising a healthy family. Sometimes, I’m funny, sometimes I’m deep and sometimes I just feel like espousing nutritional advice. It’s pretty much whatever strikes my fancy that day! Have a look around.