I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t mind living for another 50 years. I wouldn’t mind my parents living another 30 years, and I certainly wouldn’t mind my kids living another 90!
With those lofty goals in mind, I did a little research. Studies show those who practice healthy lifestyle habits live longer than those who don’t.
Here are some easy lifestyle behaviors that we can all adopt to increase our chances of living a long life:
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced breakfast.
- Drink tons of water.
- Eat lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains, legumes, nuts and fish.
- Avoid processed foods and those high in trans fats.
- Keep sugar consumption to a minimum.
- Don’t smoke.
- Engage in some form of daily physical activity.
- Brush and floss daily.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Keep stress levels at bay.
- Engage in some sort of spiritual activity.
- Be social. Maintain close bonds with friends and family.
- Laugh often.
For more post about healthy lifestyle, click here. Or click here for the eBook, How to Eat Healthy Without Noticing: A Non-dieter’s Guide to Eating Better.