- Dry Ziti Pasta (I like Barilla Plus for its added nutrients)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 26-oz jars of your favorite marinara sauce (or make your own)
- 6 oz reduced fat provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat free or reduced fat sour cream
- 6 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt boiling water. Add ziti pasta and cook until al dente (around 8 minutes). Drain. Do not rinse.
In large skillet, brown onion and ground beef or turkey over medium heat. Add salt and pepper.
Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish and layer as follows:
- 1/2 of the ziti
- Provolone cheese
- Sour cream
- 1/2 of the sauce
- Remaining ziti
- Mozzarella cheese
- Remaining sauce mixture
- Grated parmesan cheese
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling.