My oldest is now a decade old. Though I thought I’d have a hard time with the whole double digits thing, I’m finding it quite enjoyable.
10 reasons I love having a 10 year old:
- I now fit into and comfortably wear his sweatshirts.
- I no longer have to break my back to bend down and hug him.
- His instinct to protect me has kicked into gear.
- When walking next to him, I can comfortably rest my arm on his shoulder.
- Sometimes when talking to him, I feel like I’m talking to another adult rather than to a little kid.
- I can trust him with my secrets, like what I got dad for Father’s Day or how much I weigh.
- He opens up to me with his secrets, like which girl he likes at school or the combination to his safe.
- He makes his own breakfast while I’m still sleeping soundly in bed.
- He helps me deal with and explain things to his little brother.
- He’s still young enough to want to hold my hand in public and tell me how much he loves me.